Life Groups are our primary small group ministry and it’s time to launch a new season of groups. 2020 has been a complicated year and because of that small group community is more crucial than ever.
Life Group is a commitment. We are asking you to get circled up with 10 to 12 other believers and commit to do life together in the coming months.
This year we are offering three different formats for community:
• Under normal circumstances, this is our “typical” life group.
• People who join a ROOM group should be fully comfortable with in-person gathering.
• ROOM groups will still take the recommended practical steps in keeping their homes and group gatherings safe. ROOM groups may still meet via ZOOM if necessary.
- People who join a BLOOM group should have a willingness to move towards an in-person gathering eventually.
- BLOOM groups will meet virtually during the current restrictions and then adapt as they ease.
- Leaders will guide their groups towards regathering when the timing is right for your group.
- This type of group will be a shorter duration, with a commitment through December.
- Participants will not be under any pressure to gather in person.
- ZOOM groups are not geographically-based, which also creates an easier option for those who live farther away.
Show Up - Commit to being present. If we’re called to invest in one another, the simple act of showing up is critical.
Join In - Play a role in the group and lend your voice to the discussion. Everyone has a part in community.
Be Real - As trust develops in the group, be willing to risk transparency and honesty, admit your need for the Gospel. It doesn’t mean you have to “back up the truck” and share everything with total strangers, but being real means we don’t have to pretend we’ve got it all together.
- Groups typically meet at least twice a month, often more regularly; each group chooses its own meeting schedule.
- Each group determines its own study content based on the interests and needs of the group.
- Most of our groups take a break from their study in the summer, but some may still meet socially.
- Life Group Launch takes place every August. It's our annual "push" to help people find a group.
- Most life groups begin in the fall, however it is possible to join mid-year. Please contact us for help in finding a group.
If you're a current Life Group leader, visit our toolbox for tips and help on leading a group.