A very sobering fact: When int'l students were asked to list, in order of importance, what they'd like to accomplish during their time as students in the US, first was (not surprisingly) "doing well in my studies," but right behind that in second place was "making an American friend." AND YET studies show that upwards of 90% of int'l students NEVER set foot in an American home! This is simply unacceptable! A great number of the world's leaders did their graduate studies in the US, so this is a very strategic opportunity to build bridges of grace to the world's future influencers!
"Connections" is the newest StoneBridge ministry on the block! We have partnered with a number of other local organizations to serve and connect with international students and scholars at UNCC. Possible service opportunities include:
- Leading or assisting at our weekly Bible studies. Host homes also needed for Bible studies!
- Giving int'l students rides to and from the airport
- Helping students find lodging...or hosting a student yourself!
- Providing food and fellowship at regular potluck dinners.
- Inviting an int'l student to spend time with you and your family - a great chance to share Jesus with them in both word and deed!
- Going on periodic outings with students to local sites of interest
AND MUCH MORE! Contact Ellen to learn how YOU can get involved!